I'm sure you will agree, it turned out even better than I imagined!!!
The buttons are not the exact yellow, but it was the best I could do with the local resources available.
The pattern was loosely based on the Last Minute Knitted Gifts Placket-Neck Baby Sweater. Very loosely based... I had to adjust stitch counts for the color-work and steeks, and obviously, do the button bands and whatnot. While it took me almost exactly 2 months to knit this project, it was fun. I love watching a color-work pattern develop. I used the Classic Elite Liberty Wool, a superwash, that I used on the Toy-Box monster finished in October. I really really like that yarn! It's smooshy and soft and the colors are nice. I used 7803 Slate and 7850 Gold.
This was the worst part- tacking down the steek along the button-band.
And since I was feeling like an over-achiever, I made a card to go with it.