Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome, I'm trying again

After a short knitting hiatus, I'm back. I thought the best way to get back into knitting is to reinvent my online knitting personality. On the knittyboards I'm keeping my nickname, however, I'm creating a new Ravelry account, and this new blog. Starting over from scratch so it would seem.

Part of the reason I stopped knitting, blogging, and otherwise being crafty is because I got caught up on the Facebook game cycle of time wasting. A week ago I decided that I was done. I cancelled and blocked any Facebook game I played that required daily (or multiple times per day) maintenance. I want to focus my time and energy, not on things that waste time, but on the things that matter- bicycling, knitting, sewing, baking, photography, reading, etc. And in comes the blog. Forcing me to take pictures to share, writing up my progress, plans, thoughts, and failures.

I am a 31 year old woman, married, with a cat. Duke- aka Baron von Fuzzytoes, likes to watch me knit. I'm an intermediate knitter who prefers smaller interesting projects, cables, colorwork, stuffed animals, etc. I'm also a lazy knitter, I hate seaming in particular. I have a day job, so look for evening and weekend posts. My initials are not "TEK" in real life, that stands for "The Enforcer Knits". I am a complete novice when it comes to sewing, and I classify my photography skills as "hobbyist" as best (I see that as less than novice/amateur), but I'm a hell of a baker.

Let's do this. And wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment